I recently helped a client with their office and here's the result.
My client has a very pretty custom tiger maple desk. Adding texture, softness and personal items were top on my list to make the space more welcoming and, well, less work-like. A Schumacher floral fabric was chosen for the window which picked up the color of the desk and the pale yellow walls. A black banding was placed around the window treatment to give it more definition. We also framed personal photos, placed a sheepskin on the chair for softness, added a blue pottery lamp for texture, color, and light, added a pretty plant for texture and health, and added a flat weave rug for more pattern and softness. There's an organizer on the right to store bills to be paid. There's also lateral file cabinets on the right and left to file away e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!
Other tips for a well organized, pretty office include:
1. Add pretty trays to contain the supplies.
2. Put whatever you use the most, closest to you, the least, farthest away.
3. Add a unique object somewhere on your desk that has no purpose at all but to inspire you or make you smile.
4. Add a small pretty clock to keep track of time.
5. Add pretty containers (baby's silver cup, pottery bowls, vintage jars) for pens, paper clips, etc.
You'll feel more productive and working won't feel so much like work!
Have a great week and stay warm!
P.S. If you would like help turning your home into one you love, contact me here.